Neonix Directory List Links is a Dreamweaver Extension that inserts a list of links to every file in a given directory- very useful for those who want to share numerous media files such as images or mp3's. In addition to the links, this extension also takes a look at the file type and can automatically insert a representative 16x16 pixel icon before each link (a user-defined option).
As mentioned above, Neonix Directory List Links can insert an icon for each type of file that it finds. The extension comes with the following 37 icons:
If you see some file types that are missing - let us know! We can easily add more to fit your needs!
When you apply the extension to a page within your site, a directory called "file_list_icons" is created in your site's root directory. All the icons are placed in this directory - don't forget to upload it to your server!
Links can be created/formatted using one of the following options:
- Format as a table
- with option to specify alternating row colors
- Format as an un-ordered list (a bulleted list)
- Format as an ordered list (a numbered list)
- Format as a single paragraph tag with each link delimited by a break tag so that each link is on its own line.
- Format as a single paragraph tag with each link delimited by a comma.
- Use the original file name
- Use a "cleaned" file name - underscores and dashes are converted to spaces and the extension is removed. For example, a link name called "this_is_a_test.mp3" would be converted to a link name that says "this is a test"
- Specify a target for the links
- Specify whether or not to insert icons
- Specify alternating row colors for tables